Friday, December 12, 2008

Doing Hair

Mesai's hair is finally long enough to do tiny little bunches in. She loves it when I do it. I will sit her in front of a movie and it takes about 1 hour to do it right now. It is not quite long enough to do beads in yet.

One day I came into Mesai's bedroom to tuck her in and found a tiny little doll with the teeniest little braids in. This caused us to start talking. I was very impressed that she had such fine motor skills. The braids were about 1/8 inch in size. I asked her if she had braided her Enat's hair. She said she had. She then proceeded to get behind me and begin to braid my hair. I love moments like that. The best conversations we have are when I am tucking the girls into bed. Life slows down and we chat. I ask questions and they share very willingly.


Another day, Mesai came and sat behind me at the computer where I was watching a beading video. She then took her elastic bands and put all kinds of little pony tails all over my head. *smile* Now, the good mummy that I am, I wore them most of the day. *grin*




Here you can see Mesai has little barrettes in her hair, while she is doing my hair. I have to tell you, taking those elastics out of my hair was not fun! They are made for short little hair and so I had to cut some of them and lost hair in the process! *smile*

I have bought all kinds of beads and clips and I can't wait til their hair gets longer. When I have discovered that if I put them in the bath and shampoo their hair with the elastics in, they just slide right out. No pain.

Gadisae's hair is growing very slowly. The other night at dinner, she said, "Me hair no grow." I told her that if she ate her vegetables with a happy heart that her hair would grow. She immediately became silly and started smiling while eating the dreaded food. She is not a vegetable person. Actually, she is painfully slow at all her food - tasty or otherwise. I am not used to that. I have boys that inhale their food!
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Justine you have to post a frontal picture with your and your hairstyle!! Must have made Mesai feel good that you wore it all day. Those little things mean the most sometimes.
Natasha

Corrie said...

Okay....the true test is going to come when you actually go out in public with your little puff braids. I may drive all the way to your place to see that!!!!!!!